Monday, December 3, 2012

Limoncello


          I have been very busy making Christmas gifts this past week, but all the posts that I’ve written can only be put up after the Holidays! So, I have a few post coming up that won’t spoil anything. I put together and bought a couple gifts that I could almost give anybody this year. I have a small fear that I'm going to forget somebody or need a last minute gift grab. With this in mind,  I have been wanting to make Limoncello for a while because it’s really easy to make, and it’s delicious! I made a batch this week and jarred it up for some of my favorite people! 


Limoncello

What you will need:
  • 1.5L bottle of Vodka
  • 10 lemons
  • 3 cups sugar
  • 4 cups water

Zest the lemons with a vegetable peeler. Combine the zest and vodka in a pitcher, cover and let sit in a cool, dark space for 5 days.


  After 5 days, strain the mixture using a strainer and coffee filters; discard the zest.




Then, combine water and sugar in a saucepan. Simmer until sugar dissolves, making simple sugar; let cool. Combine vodka mixture and simple sugar.


Can be kept refrigerated for up to a month.



I jarred my limoncello in mason jars to give a gifts and favors. Simple, sweet, and yummy J


Happy Holidays!
Bridget XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment