Our good friends Mike and Krista are having a baby! I like to make gifts for baby showers – they’re more personal. I have a lot of practice making baby shower gifts – the past few years have been peppered with new little ones and I know this is only the beginning. For Mike and Krista I made some burp cloths, bibs, and a door jammer.
My fabric stash is getting a little out of control, I’ll admit. I buy a lot of fabric in hopes of being inspired later with it… I think a lot of us do this, right? Maybe it’s just me. Regardless, I have loads of fabric just waiting for projects. One in particular I have been sitting on for ages is this super cute flannel that I grabbed out of the remnant bin. I can finally use it! Perfect amount of fabric for a couple burp cloths. Also, try to pick a busy pattern – they hide stains better!
What you will need:
- Flannel fabric approximately 1 yard (I used 3/4 yards)
- The Usual Suspects: thread, scissors, sewing machine, iron
1. Cut your fabric into 4 rectangles (or two double long rectangle strips, folded in half). Mine came out to 4 rectangles 21” x 14”.
2. With two rectangles together, right side in, sew a 1/4” seam around all edges, leaving 4-6” open at the end.
Tip: Snip your corners so when you turn your burp cloth right side out, your corners will be sharp!
3. Turn burp cloth right side out. Sew opening closed.
4. Topstitch a 1/2” seam around the edge of the burp cloth. Press to finish.
How easy was that? Took me 15 minutes for both of them. Great project for beginners and moms will love them!
Burp cloths, Sweet Baby Bibs, and Door Jammers
What do you guys like to include in your baby shower gifts? Or better yet, Moms, what did you like to receive when you had your baby shower? I love to hear what you guys have to say!
Congratulations to Mike and Krista! I can’t wait to meet your little one in February!
Thanks for stopping by!