Sunday, December 20, 2015

Evergreen Garland



I had some extra evergreen boughs left over from making my Christmas Wreath earlier this month. I really like how garland looks on a house or railings or fences… and it smells so good! I decided to give it a shot – and if it didn’t work out? Well, I’d be no worse for wear… and the scraps would just still be scraps.

Making this garland was a bit like making my flower crowns for my wedding. You just cut up a bunch of boughs into smaller sprigs. Then, all facing the same direction, tie them together with a wire, twisting it around and then add another piece to lengthen and wrap the wire around that piece and keep going. Spiral the wire around and up the sprigs as you add more and more until you reach your desired length. That was two long sentences. But that is how easy it is.

  

[try to ignore the hideous mums that I haven’t cut back yet haha]
I hope you feel inspired to make your own garland! It’s super easy! I know I don’t have many pictures so please post questions if you need more explanation!

Thanks for stopping by!
Happy Holidays!
Cheers,
Bridget
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment