Wednesday, January 27, 2016

A New Year




I've been in a bit of a blogging funk lately. I'd blame it on the holidays taking all of my energy, but that excuse is getting stale... it's January 27, after all. I'm feeling a little uninspired. I don't know the exact reason why, but I'm determined to shake it by writing SOMETHING. So here I am. Snap out of it.

I think I'm going to do what I do at work. I clean like crazy so there is no visual clutter. For me, visual clutter = mental clutter. I find it hard to think when I'm surrounded by mess. And ever since the holidays my house is a disaster, like usual after the holidays. And every January I get the itch to organize - I know I'm not alone here. I think when you're trapped inside because of the cold and there are no parties/events planned in the near future, you can't ignore the slop anymore.

So I'm dedicating the next two weeks to organizing some areas of my house that have made my eye twitch for a while. I'm gonna tackle them. And I'm gonna share it with you. And you can judge, that's totally OK. 'Cause that's what I would do if I were you.

The BIG BAD List:
The linen closet.

The dining room closet.

The craft room. ugh.

I am legitimately intimidated. But writing this blog post means I'm going to hold myself to this task. It's not going to be a ton of fun, but I'm going to love the results later. And isn't that how it goes? Nothing worth while comes easily.

How are you feeling this January? Are you cooped up too? Ready to purge your closets and revitalize a little? We can do it together. Let me start:

Hello, my name is Bridget and I have a house filled with crap I can't let go of.
                                                                    ....Hello, Bridget.

No comments:

Post a Comment