Tuesday, April 8, 2014

Honeymoon Basket

What do you give a to-wed couple who has all the usual housewares and doesn’t want anything? I recently had this dilemma. One of my closest friends, Erin, is getting married in June. She didn’t want the usual house stuff; she has a house and all the fillings already. So then what do I give her? Lingerie? Overdone. Booze? Uncreative. Money? Expected. The one thing she was interested in? Contributions toward her honeymoon. Perfect!

IMG_20140408_101105_247

Honeymoon Gift Basket: chuck full of items for the couple on their honeymoon. Erin and her fiancé are going to Jamaica so I loaded them up with beach necessities and other fun vacation items.

honeymoon basket numbered

Items I included:

1. Fedora – to keep the bride stylin’
2. Sippy cups – mason jar style! Perfect for drinks by the pool or on the beach.
3. Beach towels
4. Ibuprofen – for mornings after hehe
5. Hand sanitizer – I can’t help it, I’m a nurse
6. Tums – also for mornings after, but also for all that delectable food they’ll be eating
7. Waterproof camera – skinny dipping pictures optional
8. Gum – to keep that breath fresh!
9. Chapstick with SPF – to keep those lips ready for kisses!
10. KY – self explanatory! Keep it PG people, this is a family friendly blog.
11. After Sun lotion/ Aloe – to ease skin after days in the sun
12. Sunscreen – to prevent sunburns that could ruin the trip!
13. Luggage Tags

I bought all of this stuff at Target, Homegoods, or online on Amazon. I think I might also add a bottle of champagne or a handful of nips. You can really get creative with the stuff you include! I went pretty practical and functional, but you could definitely add more romantic things or joke gifts.

IMG_20140408_102157_500

IMG_20140408_101105_247

IMG_20140408_102324_975

Best wishes to my great friends Erin and Bill on your coming nuptials! Can’t wait for the big day!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers,
Bridget XOXO

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea; thanks so much for sharing :) Will definitely be doing this one for a wedding I'm going to in January!

    ReplyDelete