I wanted to change things up a little and make a door swag instead of a wreath. I have a lot of material left over from the wedding and this was a great way to use some of it. Remember my centerpieces? I created this swag with the grapevine sprigs and leftover flowers from the flower crowns and other wreaths.
What you will need::
- Big faux flowers of your liking
- Grapevine sprigs or other sprigs - you could even collect them from the yard
- Floral wire
- Wire snips
1. Start by tying together a bunch of sprigs and twisting and arranging them to your liking. I had some plain and some that had been spray painted gold for the centerpieces so I arranged them so they were distributed evenly. Then I added a few eucalyptus sprigs to give it a little more bulk. I wired everything at the top.
2. Once your sprigs are wired together, you have a base to secure your flowers. You can pull your flower stems through your already wired bundle, or you can fasten them with more wire. Add as many or a few as you want. I'm a big fan of the big bright flowers, so I added lots.
3. Slip a ribbon through your securing wire and pull through. This will hang your swag.
Hang it up and take a pic. And wait for the real flowers to bloom! Happy Spring!
Thanks for stopping by!