Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Little Things: Framed Fabric

So this may not be an earth-shattering discover for anybody else. BUT, I really wanted to share my little epiphany - putting fabric in picture frames. I have a frame collage on one of the walls of my living room that still has some empty frames... don't ask, I have no idea why I haven't found pictures to put in them. Needless to say, it looks a little weird.
Now, I frequently find myself oggling over beautiful fabrics. Sometimes I even hoard them in my stash and avoid using them because they are so pretty - none of the projects I have seem worthy of them. So - why not display them? They add texture and pop to walls, and can be changed out whenever you change your mood!

Here's my wall:
I chose a simple chevron fabric to go with my decor, but I am already thinking of other fabrics that would look awesome.
The frames are mostly from thrift stores and Homegoods - I like to keep them inexpensive - and I like the collected feel they give when they are all different and a little used.


I have two more frames to fill! 








I want to redecorate my living room for spring with some bright new pillow covers and some fun accessories - these will make great before pics. I'll keep you up to date on my changes!

Thanks for stopping by!
Cheers, Bridge
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment