Sunday, October 7, 2012

Refurbished Wooden Drawers


          The end of this last week into this weekend has been mighty busy for Joe and I as we prepared for the Coastal Lighthouse Run, a race that Joe organized and directed along with his work and Special Olympics Connecticut. All proceeds went to Special Olympics and the turnout was fantastic!! I am so proud of Joe – the race went very smoothly, with only a few minor hiccups!
          I made a fleece blanket to donate as a raffle item and I got numerous compliments on it, with many people asking if I sell my items. I was very flattered… and got to thinking. Would people really buy my projects? It certainly would help support my love for crafting if I could sell my items, but I only do this part time. Maybe I’ll look into Etsy and research my options.
         Anywho, my latest “project” has been a beautiful jewelry box/drawer chest (I’m honestly not sure what it really is) that I found at a thrift shop for $10. It’s all solid maple and handmade, but it was pretty beat up. So I sanded the whole thing down, restained, and refinished it. It might not look too different in the pictures, but it has really taken on a new life.  There is a beautiful burl on the top that really shines with the new finish. Take a look! J







Finished!


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment